Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer is Here

Temperatures have hit three digits this month, and we've welcomed the warmer weather by enjoying one of our favorite family activities: swimming! We've gone to Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center (kid water park), been hanging out in our backyard pool, and I've even set up a blow up play pool for weekday fun in our courtyard. All three of my kids are crazy about the water, which is great because Jake and I can't get enough of it either. Isabella is just as content as can be hanging out in her floatie or getting carried around. Gabriel loves jumping off the high side of the pool into the water. He is so brave! He doesn't mind going under the water, and he seems to get more and more comfortable every time he gets in. Of the three of my kids, Ariana is my fish! She just couldn't be happier than when she's in the pool. She starts laughing excitedly at the very sight of her bathing suit. Once she's in the water, her tone totally relaxes and she's able to kick and move her arms and splash. She loves putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles. If she didn't have Cerebral Palsy, I just know she'd be swimming independently by now. Ariana also likes to "jump" (while we hold her) into the pool like her brother, Gabe. I am signing the twins up for swimming lessons this summer, and I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

so cute! we'll have to come over and join you in the courtyard during the week!