Monday, November 30, 2009

Ugh.

I know it's only Monday, but what a week!
  • Ari's talker froze up. Called tech support & nothing worked. I have to send it in for repairs & *fingers crossed* my memory card will be left in-tact so we don't have to reprogram the whole thing.
  • Isabella outgrew her prosthesis. Just like that. Her arm got too big to squeeze into it over the weekend or something. Too much turkey. At best, she'll be without a prosthesis for 2 months. At worst, 4? 5? Who knows? We were just getting used to it too!
  • Devyn (our nanny) has Strep throat and will be out the week most likely. Doctor's appointment tomorrow for Bella's 1 year appt. (at 14 months no less), and H1N1 vaccines for all three kids. Jake will be gone all Thursday, Friday, & Saturday with the car for his licensing class (so I'll be stuck at home without). Fun.
  • Family just got denied for health insurance for the tenth time in two years. Sensing a pattern?
  • Gabe has started acting out again. A lot. He'll just plow Bella over when she's trying to waddle around, he's grabbing toys from his sisters, hitting, throwing fits... every 30 minutes.

Can't wait till the (short) weekend is here!

Tonight we were having family home evening, and I read a story to the kids about being a forever family. Then I said to Gabe, "Do you want to be with your family forever?" He enthusiastically answered, "No thank you!". hahaha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be happy to help you out tomorrow or any of the days you need me this week. I can reschedule my plans to be there for you and the kids anytime.

Sometimes, when it rains, it pours, and everything seems to go wrong, but things will get better, you'll see.

Amanda said...

It is true that some weeks seem to be much worse and everything seems to go wrong. When Gabe turns three, you will see a huge difference because Ty was the same way. (He would actually get kicked out of nursery!) Different problems but the tantrums seem to get better. Hang in there...this too shall pass.

Chrissy Edwards said...

Hmmm...I'm sensing a Saturday playdate. You in?

April Gould said...

That is so funny what Gabe said. Hey, I got my first $25 visa card in the mail! Even though that is not why we donated to Ari... still a sweet deal!

Anonymous said...

I am still having trouble getting my name on the google account. Just know that ANONYMOUS is Donna Starr.