Saturday, July 5, 2008

Isabella's middle name

After much deliberation, we finally settled on a middle name for Isabella. We went through something similar with figuring out Ariana's middle name, because while Jake and I both agree that we like Mediterranean sounding first names (although all three of my children's names have Hebrew origins), Jake veers sharply towards French & old English middle names, and I well... don't. Jake was pretty insistent on Clarice for Ariana's middle name, and I contested it fiercly, so we settled on Elise (which is a variation of my name and also rhymes with Clarice). For Isabella's middle name, Jake's top picks were Cosette, Corinne, Lisette, Corinna, Marina, & Simone. Mine were Madeline, Emme, Chloe, Jolie, & Simone. Neither of us would budge on either of ours. The other day, I ran across a name that I have always liked, and I just knew that Jake would love: Juliet. I also knew that if I acted like I was too excited about it, he would turn it down. So, I did what most savvy women do when they want their way... I presented the name and acted like I couldn't care less either way -- so it could be his choice. Needless to say, our new daughter's full name will now be Isabella Juliet Taylor. So pretty!

2 comments:

Jeppesen Family said...

I love Juliet! That's so pretty! I really like Marina, too, though :) When I was a little girl, I wanted to change my name to Marina. We havn't gotten close to picking even a fist name! So good job on that!

Tara said...

That is a beautiful name. I can't wait to meet her.