Monday, November 17, 2008

Missing Parts

by Kris Heims
adapted by Elisa Taylor

God looked down, another child complete
A smile so perfect, a temper so sweet.
But Isabella wondered why some parts were gone
Did God mess up and make me wrong?
God looked upon this perfect child
He explained his reasons as He just smiled,
"If I'd taken time to finish that part,
You wouldn't be such a work of art."
I would not have had time to make such a beautiful smile,
Your list of talents that goes on for miles,
Your angelic spirit, that precious laugh.
Where are these parts, you have to ask?
You are so special -- your gifts of gold,
Those missing parts are mine to hold.
Forever I'll keep them, close to my heart
So as long as you live, we are never apart.
Each and every moment, you'll be on my mind
You special child, you are quite the find!
So do not miss that part, you see
It will always be safe and sound with me.

2 comments:

Rachel Dominguez said...

That is a wonderful poem and i have to say...who needs that extra part when you are that beautiful.

She is simply precious!

Rachel

The Rich Family said...

Such a beautiful poem. She is such a beautiful girl!