Monday, January 10, 2011

Six Years, My Love

January 6, 2005, I married my true love.  Six years later, here we are and with so much more love to show for it.

DSC_3864

We went to T Cooks at the Royal Palms Resort and had an indulgent lunch… on the house I might add, since they felt so bad for forgetting the flowers Jake ordered for me (I knew nothing of the flowers, so it was a double surprise for me!).  We spent the afternoon reminiscing about our wedding day, laughing about the cute little things our kids do, and dreaming of the future.  We were luxury thieves and lay out on the pool chaise lounges and even hopped in the Jacuzzi (I brought our suits, just in case).

“Real love is a belief that someone knows you as no one else can” – my favorite quote from the card Jake gave me.

DSC_3865 DSC_3867

“I can no longer imagine a tomorrow without you at my side.” – my favorite quote from the card I gave Jake

DSC_3872

You know how on your wedding day, you take a million pictures, and in the years to come, you don’t regret taking a single one; you look back on every photo and each time feel a rush of the sweet feelings that filled you on that day… and then you hardly ever take photos as a couple from that day forward.  This anniversary, I’m papering this post with more than the usual dose of photos of the two of us.  Even now, only days after these were taken, looking upon them as I write this, I feel the happiness that I felt spending that lazy afternoon with my one true love.  And that good feeling will only grow with time.  Like everything else.

DSC_3871 DSC_3873 

No celebration of our marriage would be complete without our little ones, so we took them to dinner at “Pizza Planet” (a.k.a. Peter Piper Pizza) after we got home.  We went wild and crazy on the games and stayed out until every last token was spent.  All we had to show for the evening were goofy grins, sleepy eyes, one lollypop each, and *we hope* some sweet memories that will stand the test of time.

DSC_3885 DSC_3887DSC_3890DSC_3896 DSC_3902DSC_3904DSC_3925DSC_3912DSC_3918 DSC_3919DSC_3920 DSC_3922DSC_3921

Ari’s rollercoaster ride with Daddy, complete with matching facial expressions. :)

1 comment:

Paradise Found said...

Happy anniversary! Young love, so sweet :)
You cut Gabe's locks! Handsome boy. I love how your evening ended with the kids.