Sunday, April 22, 2012

Backyard Amusement Park

Although we live in the in central Suburbia, we sometimes do get a few cool festivals and such that come to our side of town.  Last month, the Ostrich Festival come around, bringing with it hundreds of rides and amusements and, of course, ostriches.  The festival planted itself a mile down the road from us, right before our freeway access, advertising itself multiples times a day to my kids with its bright ferris wheel lights and grass parking lot packed full of cars.  Naturally, we had to go.  I have to admit that we didn’t go visit the ostriches, because I’m kind of really allergic, but we did pretend that we were in Disneyland and spend the entire morning on the kid-friendly rides.  You know I’d do just about anything to see them smile.

DSC_0291DSC_0300

Even the Dumbo ride was there :).

DSC_0286DSC_0278

The fun house mirrors were about the silliest thing they’d ever seen!

DSC_0306 DSC_0303

This was the first time that I’d seen Ari a little nervous on a ride.  I think she had a hard time catching her balance and, since I wasn’t there to brace her, she had a little worried look on her face at first.  It was still adorable and totally worth it… worried look and all.  Bella knows her limits like her Mama, and opted to stay off this one altogether despite my encouragement to give it a shot.

DSC_0266DSC_0267 DSC_0264DSC_0260

No comments: