Friday, June 22, 2012

Liam’s Birthday

After 38 weeks and 5 days of anticipating his arrival, our new baby made his way into our lives and our hearts.  We call him Liam Chase Taylor, and he is wonderful.

I was admitted to Banner Gateway Hospital on the evening of June 5.  My labor was as easy breezy as they get, since I had an epidural as a night cap and then went to sleep for the next six hours.  When my doctor woke me at 6 am, he broke my water and things moved very quickly until Liam arrived at 7:11 am on Wednesday, June 6.  He weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 in. long.  His Apgar scores were 8-9.  He was as sweet and as perfect as he could be. 

Before:                                                                                                                                             After:

DSC_0017 DSC_0019

My doctor was Dr. Russell Beck, and I felt that we were in great hands the whole time.  He is a wonderful doctor, and I have total confidence in him.

photo8DSC_0025

Everyone said that he looked just like Jake.  I’m not sure, but I see a little of Gabe and Bella in him too.  Either way, he’s going to be a lady killer ;).

DSC_0026

We celebrated Liam’s first day with a true birthday party, complete with decorations, flowers, party hats, cake, aunts, grandmas, and gifts.  The gifts this time were from Liam to his brother and sisters as a way thank them for welcoming him into the family.  And welcome him they did.  I loved having my family surround me and Liam as we celebrated this amazing point in our life journey.

photo11 photo6DSC_0028photo14 photo17photo34 photo22photo28photo25 photo30

Two weeks and two days later, and I can honestly say my love has grown for him with each and every passing day.  I love my little Liam, and I am so happy he decided to come into our family.

3 comments:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet him. We'll bring dinner over. I definitely see Bella in him. So adorable! By the way, your post says he was born in May, not June - sleepy mom! ;)

Danielle said...

Yeah, he was born in June, right?

Chrissy Edwards said...

So happy for you and your family, my dear friend!! Can't wait to come visit!

PS - I third the "June" comment, lol! ;)