Monday, January 28, 2013

Basketballer

Gabe has a new favorite sport.  It’s basketball… who would’ve guessed?  He wanted to join the league this season, because his two friends Miles and Sam were doing it.  For a five year old, that’s as good a reason as any I can think of.  Now, you can imagine that he has things he needs to work on, but for just starting out and being one of the youngest players on the team, he isn’t half bad.  This past Saturday was their second game of the season.  He made three baskets (two of which were in the correct hoop hahah), and each and every time he looked as though he was just having the happiest moment of his entire life.  Arms in the air, victory shouts, open-mouthed grin, oh yeah… it was enough to make me cry if I wasn’t screaming so loud.  I’m sorry to any mamas whose ear drums I may have permanently damaged.  I can’t help it.

DSC_0092BackgroundDSC_0093

He wants to practice every day on our neighbor’s driveway, and he counts down the days till practice.  Happy Gabey.  Happy mommy.

DSC_0069DSC_0068DSC_0080DSC_0078DSC_0082DSC_0075DSC_0087DSC_0088

No comments: