Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day & Jake's 34th Birthday

Fathers Day was a pretty low key day. We went to church, took naps, ran a couple errands, and then went to my parents' house for a small celebration (also to celebrate Jake's 34th birthday with my family). My family made a gourmet hamburger spread with an ice cream cake for dessert. I gave Jake a set of 35 lb. kettlebells (Russian weights -- don't ask), some supplements, and a card. The only thing that he didn't pick out was the card, so I tried to make it extra special. Jake always wants work out gear for gifts, so he has quite a collection (although he might dispute that). On Jake's actual birthday (today), Chantelle, Brayden, & Trevor came over for dinner & cake and stayed the night. It was so much fun to see them, because we hardly ever get to anymore. I actually baked the birthday cake myself, and although it took me forever, I am pretty darn proud of it. I baked a version of the "Better than Sex" cake, and I even made the sweetened condensed milk from scratch (because I didn't have any). It was supposed to be a double layer cake, but the top layer cracked, so it had to be a single layer. This happens to me almost every time I bake cakes.
It's so hard to believe that the year has gone by so fast. Happy father's day & birthday to the best daddy and husband in the whole world -- I love you!
Aren't they both just so handsome?

No comments: