Monday, June 23, 2008

Inspiration: Team Hoyt

This video is about a boy who had cerebral palsy. He was confined to a wheelchair & couldn't talk. His dream was to compete in triathalons. He let his family know his desires by communicating with a device placed on his head. With the movements he made, the letters were formed on the computer screen. The father who is 60 years old has decided to do this for his son.
Before you play the video, make sure that you scroll down to the bottom of my blog & turn off the playlist (press pause) so you can hear the video.

2 comments:

Jodi Stapley said...

I've seen that video many times, and I never tire of it. It's so very inspirational. I've also been at a seminar where the Hoyts(father and son)spoke. I cried throughout it. What an amazing duo, and it just shows what can be achieved through love and determination. Hope your feeling well- Hugs, Jodi Stapley

Jeppesen Family said...

Yeah, I've seen that before. It is so cool, though! I could watch it over and over again!
Thanks for the tag! I really enjoyed reading yours! I feel like I know you, now! Now we just need to hang out :) My husband was so jealous you swam with sharks. We are huge shark lovers, too.