Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sick Day

Today, it all caught up to us. Last Thursday, Jake woke up with a cold flu. Although I felt horrible that he was sick, I was really relieved that we didn't seem to be catching it. I thought that once you were symptomatic, you shouldn't be contageous anymore. Well, whoever said that was wrong. On Sunday (4 days into Jake's flu), I woke up with it. I silently kicked myself for kissing him before he got better. We Taylors have a tendency to be overconfident in our immunity to illness. Monday, Ari woke up miserable. Tuesday (today), Gabe was a mess. Now, you'd think that by today at least Jake would be starting to fight this thing off. Well, many packets of Immune Defense and Theraflu later, we are still in the thick of it. This afternoon, Jake came home early and we all took a 2 1/2 hour nap in a vain attempt to recoup. I can't believe it's only Tuesday -- I feel like we've been doing this all week already. Please send some get well germs our way.
poor Gabey BabyI try to get a picture of my sick little Ari that accurately depicts her misery, and what does she do? Smile, of course.

She left me no choice, I had to take a booger shot. My poor sweet thing.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh poor babies! I love the boogie shot. I feel bad for you. Hopefully you get better soon!

Amber Larsen said...

It's SO sad when the babies get sick. What a bummer. Hope you all get well soon!!