Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer Fun

Well, even though the temps outside are still high, I can't say this summer has dragged on for us, because it has flown by. Ariana has fully recovered from her mysterious fever, and has since began eating like a champ and smiling and laughing non-stop once again. I was really getting down for a few days there when she offered not one smile even though her fever was gone. Well, my little peachy peach is back, and she even has a shiny new molar to boot. With Ariana's impossibly high fever, we were given a little blessing... no seizures. And what does this mean (other than a miracle)? Ariana is off her Phenobarb for good (we hope). Now Ariana is completely medication free! On a tangent to that, Ariana's standard constipation issues that have plagued us since she stopped breastfeeding seemed to resolved themselves as well.Gabriel is changing so much every day that I feel like I can't even keep up with all that he does. He has at least 10 new words since the beginning of the month, which include "shoes," "cup," "bowl," "Ari," and "movie." He has been practicing his sign language, and my favorite new sign word of his is 'please.' Of course, he will sign please when he wants something to anyone other than me. Still, I'll take what I can get.
Jake and I took Gabe and Ari to the splash pad on Sunday evening. It was their second visit, and they had so much fun. Gabe was still a little apprehensive about water in the face, but he loved running around and yelling "bop-um" (his word for water, a.k.a. 'bottle') with hands waving. Ariana was a trooper and went under the water fountains with only smiles the whole time.

Yesterday, Jake had a networking meeting for work at the IMAX theater, so we got to take the kids to see an IMAX movie for free. They had so much fun stuffing their little mouths with popcorn and taking in the big screen animation. They lasted for a whole 45 minutes without a peep.

2 comments:

Jeppesen Family said...

Happy Late Birthday! I'm glad you got a sweet gift :)
Great news about your kids! It's so fun when everyone is healthy and well. Looks like they love the splash pad too. Julia loves to swim, but is a little scared of those. I should give it another try.

Anonymous said...

HEY Stranger! You are going to take that leap like I did and have another one! Woo hoo for other baby factory's!

Do you guys still do HBOT? How is Ariana doing?

I see you went to the Dominican Republic. We are going to take Santana there to do stem cells.

Good to hear from you!
Lindsey Black