Monday, June 22, 2009

Ari's Stander

Ariana's stander came in last week. I am so excited about it! Our Physical Therapist is less than thrilled with the style of it (she says she prefers how the old ones were made), but I don't know any different, and I plan on making the most of this one. Ariana really likes being in it and being able to see what everything looks like above two feet off the ground. She has a tray that she can use to play with toys or read books, and the stander even has wheels so I can move her with us from room to room downstairs and we can have races in the hallway (versus Gabe in his scooter). As I've mentioned before, the stander is for Ari to practice standing and strengthening her leg muscles while in the correct positioning. It is good for her physical development (standing stregthens bones & muscle, corrects posture), as well as emotional (social interaction & inclusion), and mental development (seeing the world right side up while interacting with toys & people). We plan on using it for at least a half hour every day.

2 comments:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

That is wonderful!! I bet she'll be so happy to be upright with everyone else!!

Alison said...

This is so great! She looks like such a big girl standing like that. I'm so happy for her!