Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jake's Birthday

Jake turned 35 this year! To me, he doesn't look a day over 27 (his age when we met). For his birthday, Jake ordered pizza for his office and the kids, Brooke, and I went over for lunch. I made him his favorite homemade chocolate fudge cake (it's becoming a tradition -- the one and only time I really bake all year), and I brought it with us to share. After lunch, Jake and I left the kids with Brooke and took off for the afternoon (by ourselves!) to Sunsplash. We had so much fun. We were like little kids hopping from the water slides to the wave pool to the lazy river until it started to get cold. We got seasons passes at half price, so we definitely plan on making good on those this summer. I gave Jake his gifts a couple days early this year (some new clothes and running shoes). I love my man so much! Happy birthday baby!

4 comments:

Erin Buggy said...

What a YUMMY looking cake! Nice job.. and Happy Birthday, Jake :-)

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I can't believe we missed out on that cake.

Erin Buggy said...

Yea, me too! Where's MY piece! lol :-p

Karmann said...

Wow! The cake looked amazing and so good! It looks like he had a great birthday! You look so CUTE in your hat at Sun Splash!!! I love it!