Monday, June 22, 2009

Gabe is Potty Trained!

One down, two to go! It's official. Gabe is potty trained! It has been about a week since Gabe has had a bathroom accident, but I've been waiting to declare him fully trained until 1) he went #2 in a public toilet (sans special kids sized potty seat) and 2) he started telling me when he has to go potty on his own initiative instead of waiting for me to tell him it's time to go. He's done both now, and I'm proud to announce his (no, *our*) success. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be once I got up the courage to just put him in underpants full time. Brooke and Jake have definitely made it easier by helping maintain consistency. I'm super happy to have him out of diapers -- really, they were only getting worse. Now, I am tempted to start letting Ari try out the potty now and again.

6 comments:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Yay!! Great job!

April Gould said...

good job Gabe!

Jeppesen Family said...

Yay! Congrats! Thats the best!

Rebecca Lynch said...

Yay! Can you potty train an 11 month old??? Just curious... ;) Miss you all!!

Cindi said...

Wait a go Gabe. That is awesome!

Alison said...

Woo Hoo! Freedom at last!