Monday, October 5, 2009

First Trip to DISNEYLAND! :-D

Oh my goodness, our trip to Disneyland was everything I hoped it would be. It's amazing how the dazzle and magic of Disney really lets children's' personalities shine. I mean, I feel like I got to know my own kids on such a different level over the past week -- what makes them beam, the kinds of things they say when they truly are the stars, how they look when they couldn't be any happier. Our kids were not surprised to be in Disneyland, as we prepped them well. We told them all about Disneyland, exposed them to movies and books with the characters, asked them questions and told them stories about what they would encounter there, and even let them preview the official Disney planning video every morning when I was in the shower. Let me just say, they were ready. So, there was only eager anticipation and glee in every moment. The kids were the perfect age for Disney (especially the twins). They were young enough to appreciate everything they saw -- each little light, every song, every moving vehicle, every ride, every character (well, except Ari, who was afraid of the characters), but old enough to understand and remember experiences, characters, storylines, and songs. It was all good. They did have favorites, like the Dumbo ride, the carousel, the rockets, and the teacups. Gabe favored Mickey and Pluto of the characters. The parades were a definite highlight. They did still have two-year old moments, especially on the last day when they were getting a little, ahem...Disney spoiled. But really, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The kids rode every single kid-friendly ride in the entire park. We didn't wait in any lines! I'm going to really scream this one from the rooftops, because there aren't any pros to Ariana's disability, with this one exception. Ariana, and her entire party, meaning us and the Erickson family who traveled with us, got to go on the rides via the Exit (bypass the lines entirely). It was pretty much fantastic.
Here we go!First night in the hotel -- they knew that the morning meant Disneyland and they were climbing the walls.Kisses for her sister.Pajama party.All ready to head out; outfits complete with Disney sunglasses.Our first picture in the park. I'm wearing sunglasses to hide my tear-streaked cheeks. I had just recovered from a meltdown -- overwhelmed with happiness. I'm such a dork.Ari's face on our first ride.Gabe's face on our first ride.Happy girl about to get on the Dumbo ride -- the unanimous favorite.Kisses for Daddy.Happy kids on ridesAri and Gabe meeting Chip n Dale. Ari was wary, Gabe bashful.The Mickey Mouse series:
1) Ari gets terrified when Micky tries to shake her hand. :(
2) Mickey backs off, but Ari can't stand the sight of him (hint: he's wearing gloves).3) Mickey switches sides, and we get our picture. Gabe has his shy face on (finger in the mouth).Gabe's a little too shy to meet Donald, but he waves to him and shouts "Hey Donald!" from a distance. Gabe's favorite guy was Pluto, and Pluto just loved him right back. He even said he wanted Gabe to take him home with him, making Gabe just light up.Celebrate Parade: my kids have never danced harder. :DAri danced to the parade up on Daddy's shoulders.Ari and Mr. Jay on the Small World ride''It's a Small World' rideJay, Sarah, Debra, & Noahcheck out their faces!Sleeping Beauty's castleThe highlight moment of Gabe's little life up till now: meeting, talking to, and yes, kissing Lightning McQueen (and Mater). I never thought spotting those oversized toy cars could ever make me this happy either!Isabella loved to cuddle and kiss the characters. Bella adores stuffed animals, and these were no exception.Ariana put on her lipgloss in front of Minnie Mouse's vanity.Tea party in Minnie's kitchenMeeting Mickey Mouse at his houseGoodbye Disneyland! :) You didn't disappoint!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be the happiest vacation pictures i have ever seen. I am so glad it was everything you hoped it to be and more. The smiles said it all. These beautiful pictures will give you lasting memories of these precious moments. So happy...

Love, Mom

Erin Buggy said...

Awww, what an awesome trip it looks like y'all had! I'm so happy everything went smoothly and that the kids enjoyed themselves the way they did... oh the magic of Disney. I've been trying without luck to find a convenient time to call you back... I'm back to work tomorrow, so expect a call on my way home :) Miss you, love you and look forward to catching up tomorrow and seeing you on Saturday!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are such awesome parents!! Elisa I love your blog and your kids are so cute. I need to see them in person before they get too old!! I'll have to plan a trip to AZ one of these days. Ps the gabe in nordstrom story is sad but great at the same time. Oh and happy birthday to Isabella from me!

showbey2 said...

Wow! You guys really know how to do Disneyland don't you. How wonderful! I'm so happy that it went so well. And you definitely deserve to finally have a perk for Ariana. I really wish we would have come with you.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

showbey2 said...

and by the way this is really Alison!

Unknown said...

Yay Disneyland! Glad you guys had fun!

April Gould said...

so much fun!!