Monday, October 5, 2009

Mall Mishap (Mom Fail)

As most already know, I am so proud (and relieved) that Gabe happens to be potty trained. Well, a couple weeks ago, Gabe caught the croup. Consequently, he lost his voice completely and his verbal communication was reduced to a hoarse whisper. Besides his voice, he had pretty much recovered from his illness, so my sister and I decided to go to the mall to run a few errands. As I was checking out at Nordstom, I heard Gabe whispering/whining something at me. I couldn't make out what he was saying, so I figured he could wait a minute until I finished paying. The next thing I know, I could see with my peripheral vision, my sister lifting Gabe up to hold him not a second before he hoarsely exclaimed "Mommy, Gabe's all wet!" Meantime, I see a splash of liquid go flying through the air (as he is being lifted) and come raining down upon Marci, Gabe, the Nordstrom floor, and our surroundings (clothes racks, etc.). So, I guess what Gabe was probably trying to tell me was that he needed to go potty. I was *thankfully* carrying a change of underpants, but alas, no change of shorts. And yes, people did notice. Oh, did they ever. One very insightful woman, even asked if he 'just liked to show off his underpants'. Yes, I do too, don't you?

2 comments:

Chrissy Edwards said...

Oh. My. GOSH. This is FANTASTIC! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the funniest stories i have heard. This is one for the books to tell Gabe's kids one day.

Mom