Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Bug Caught Us

Lately, between my school and first experiences with being a counselor and the kids’ hectic schedules and all my other excuses, I guess I can easily forget to take pictures of my babies.  It is a priority for me, and one I don’t intend to take lightly.  I have an awesome camera that takes beautiful images of my stunning little models.  Models that will only be young for a short while, that will only let me take pictures of their adorable sillyness for maybe a few more years if I’m lucky, that will only have chubby cheeks for… oh, well I guess those may stick around (*fingers crossed*).  But hey, when I remember to bring out my camera, even if it is the same time of day on each occasion – lunch time – I know I must. 

My kids weren’t feeling so well these past two weeks.  By that I mean, we all got the flu pretty bad.  Gabe got two rounds of it, which I didn’t know was even possible.  So much for building up immunity.  At least we all kind of took turns getting sick, so we weren’t all hit hard on the same days.  That’s the bright side.  But even ill and with a mouth full of her favorite lunch, an eggo bagel (scrambled egg and cheese bagel), baby still looks sweet.

DSC_5016DSC_5018DSC_5021

This day happened to be one of Ari’s well days.  We went through three and a half bottles of Children’s Ibuprofin this month.  Keeping those fevers down is a job all on its own, especially Ari’s.  I can never let myself get overconfident when it comes to her seizure-free status.  Ever since getting her on Keppra, we’ve been blessed that way, but I never know when her body will decide to chase a fever with a seizure, so we stay alert.

DSC_5024DSC_5025DSC_5029

Gabe has learned to blow his own nose and cover his mouth when he coughs.  Just one of the many, many ways he shows us he’s getting big. 

DSC_5030DSC_5033DSC_5034DSC_5035

Gabe has quite the imagination these days.  I love sitting back and just listening to him act out a little drama right in front of me.  I try not to let him catch me eavesdropping, because that always gets him to flash me his sheepish smile and his nervous laugh and quit playing.  These days, he’s all about being a superhero, which thrills me.  I don’t mind that he experiments with trying on both good guy and bad guy roles, because that’s a part of being a child… oh who am I kidding, it’s just a part of being human.  But, I love it when he sets out on a mission to “help” or “save” his sister, Ari.  This usually consists of rescuing her sought after toy or asking me to reposition her when she tips over (something she often does for herself now) or clearing a path for her to crawl.

DSC_5036DSC_5038

1 comment:

Chrissy Edwards said...

OMG. Bella is going to hate you for those photos one day!! :)