Saturday, August 4, 2012

Babies at Home

We’ve been having an abundance of mommy-daughter dates during these past two weeks.  Technically, they’re mommy-daughter-baby dates, but the point to made here is that I’m getting to soak in the joy that my younger children bring to me everyday.  I have vowed to try not to waste even an hour of our time together, because with Gabe and Ari going off to school now, I have definitely been humbled by increased awareness and appreciation for the passing nature of their childhoods. 

Bella is as sweet as she can be when it’s just the three of us.  She tells me all the time how much she misses her older brother and sister, which makes me feel like I need to be fully present for her all the time.  I have big shoes to fill.  So we do things together like color, play pretend, make crafts, bake, and go swimming.  We go places like the mall play area, splash pads, Disney store, and out to lunch all the time.  We chat as we go along, and I’ve found that my girl makes wonderful company. 

As for Liam, well, he is a breath of fresh air to me and a reminder of how fortunate I truly am every day.

DSC_0039DSC_0023 DSC_0024DSC_0129DSC_0038 BackgroundDSC_0128

1 comment:

Kristel & Ken said...

Elisa, your family is so beautiful! And congratulations on your newest little addition! What an adorable cutie!