Friday, July 12, 2013

Birthday Boy

It happened.  12 months have gone by since my last and littlest one was born into my world.  Liam is everything I could have hoped for in a baby boy and so much more.  I don’t think I’m ready to let go of his babyhood yet.  Fortunately for me, I don’t think he is either.  Although he is all boy and is a pretty tough little one, he is a cuddler and still just seems to melt into my arms.  He sure does love his mama, and loves to cling to me whenever he can, which most of the time, is just fine with me.

Little Liam Chase isn’t walking, and will probably go on to skip his crawling milestone too, because he’s invented a way to get around by scooting on his bottom across the floor like the baby in the Huggies commercial.  I can testify to the fact that Huggies diapers has saved me on so many occasions too ;).  Liam is a super fast butt scooter and can even climb short steps this way.  He also gets into everything.  His favorite thing to do is scoot to Ari’s hand bell collection and bang on her mini grand piano.

Little guy is an eater, and can pretty much out-eat any of my other three children (and they are great eaters too).  He has his favorite foods, which tend to be consistent with those of the other kids.  Barbecue (especially Jake’s), any fruit, eggs, beans, and most vegetables are favorites, but he really doesn’t turn his nose up at much.  He has started drinking almond milk, because of a suspected dairy allergy that gives him awful eczema, but he continues to breastfeed on demand 2-4 times each day as well. 

Liam loves to joke around.  He thinks funny noises and faces are hilarious and loves to try to make me laugh by sticking his tongue out, making fart noises, playing peek-a-boo, and fake laughing.  His laugh is still amazing, and he still snorts frequently when he laughs too.

Liam loves music, and will begin dancing as soon as he hears a note.  He adores his Aden + Anais blankets, and is quick to be soothed by one over his face.  He pretty much cannot sleep without one.  He is also a water baby, like his brother and sisters. 

Liam is a jibber jabber baby.  He has a lot to say, and he says it all very loudly.  He says Mama and Dada spontaneously, but can repeat many words spoken for him.

I love this chubby one so much.  I feel so grateful that he was sent into our lives one year ago.  Happy (late) birthday Liam Taylor.

DSC_0168DSC_0175DSC_0178DSC_0182DSC_0188DSC_0180DSC_0183DSC_0205DSC_0213DSC_0214DSC_0217DSC_0216bwDSC_0218bwDSC_0224DSC_0232bwDSC_0265DSC_0272DSC_0273DSC_0278DSC_0253bwDSC_0255bwDSC_0251bwDSC_0283DSC_0293DSC_0226DSC_0294bwDSC_0295

 

Here is is first cupcake, which he devoured on his actual birthday.

DSC_0109BackgroundDSC_0105DSC_0112DSC_01130DSC_0117DSC_0119DSC_0120DSC_0126DSC_0132

No comments: