Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Showstopper

Bella “invited'” the family to her second dance recital.  She danced beautifully, but more importantly, she had the time of her life.  If Bella could have her way, every day would be dance recital day.  I’m not sure what she loves more though… performing or getting to wear full makeup and hair.  Fortunately for me, it only comes once a year… not that I don’t love watching her dance (I do!), but I get anxiety when it comes to putting together hairstyles that require bobby pins.

She looked so gorgeous and proud and grown up on stage!  She didn’t have even a moment of shyness up there.  This one was given such a creative spirit, which she expresses in so many ways.  Whether by making up improvisational dances, creating multimedia artwork, rearranging our home décor, or putting together one of a kind outfits, Bella never stops finding and making beauty in everything. 

Her recital was attended by our family of course, along with Grammy, Grammy’s Papa, Nana, Aunt Marci, and Aunt Leah.  She specially requested colorful flowers and gourmet chocolate caramel popcorn, which of course, Nana obliged. 

I love watching her blossom into this happy, fun, spirited little person!

DSC_0302DSC_0304DSC_0317DSC_0321DSC_0328

Her recital song this year was “You Are My Sunshine”.

DSC_0337DSC_0338DSC_0342DSC_0343DSC_0345DSC_0357DSC_0163DSC_0166DSC_0164

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like all of your children, she is beautiful, but she does have a special light in her eyes when getting ready to dance! Since both of my daughters were dancers, I have a special place in my heart for dance :).