Friday, January 3, 2014

Bathtub Baby

Liam is my most complex baby out of the four.  He is full of emotions, to the extremes.  He is my most cuddly baby.  When I sing him his favorite lullaby “I Love You Forever” every night before I lay him down, he completely melts into my arms and strokes my hair and face, while looking adoringly into my eyes or rubbing his chin into my neck.  He is so easy to love.  And yet, that seems to be the only easy thing about him these days, as he is pretty clingy, very stubborn, and has me “wrapped around his finger” as I’ve been told.  He may pull my hair out (literally) or throw a three hour tantrum over not getting to eat the blackberries out of the carton at Sprouts, but how could I stay mad at that face?

DSC_0007DSC_0001

Right now, he loves making funny faces to get a laugh (he’d do anything for a laugh or applause), walking across the room (finally), giving kisses (even to Ari, his nemesis and competitor for my attention), riding on his four ride-on cars, animals, taking baths, his Aden + Anais blankets, stuffed animals, playing in the dirt, avocado, fruit, pasta, and broccoli, throwing his food and sippy cup on the floor, saying “oh no” right as he is about to do something naughty, chatting with Gabe, climbing everything, playing with a ball, and dancing to music.  He dislikes running errands, when I talk to other adults, when I talk to other kids, when I put him down, and a number of other things that mainly involve when I pay attention to something other than him :).

DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0005DSC_0008DSC_0009DSC_0014DSC_0019DSC_0016DSC_0017DSC_0022y f g             vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvDSC_0015

I still love this crazy but oh-so-cuddly and cute cubmuffin. 

No comments: