Monday, April 21, 2014

New Kinds of Living

I have been really lousy at photo editing and blogging lately.  I blame my desk chair.  It looks pretty cool, but it isn’t comfortable.  The reviews said it would be comfortable. 

Truth is, it isn’t (just) my desk chair that’s keeping me away from my work.  It’s my new life.  Since we moved into our new home in the country, we’ve been enjoying our life here in different ways.  Having spent all of my adult years in a subdivision with an HOA and block walls on all sides, I am experiencing freedom here like it was my childhood all over again.  I am watching my children and my husband (especially my husband) do the same.  We are learning new things as a family.  Like how to garden, bake, do serious yard work, eat healthier, entertain at home, drive power chairs, and play.  It’s the kind of play that is so often forgotten in our children's’ generation… or at least, relegated to play structures in community parks. 

I loved my life before, and I had no idea that I would ever find the country life appealing.  In fact, I turned my nose up at the very idea of it once upon a time.  I’m sure that had I not come across this house, I’d never know what I was missing.  And perhaps, I wouldn’t be missing anything, and everything would’ve worked itself out beautifully some other way.  But for now, I’m kind of newly fallen in love with this place life.  So, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go prune my roses… I was hoping to get a second bloom out of them.

PicMonkey CollagePicMonkey Collage1

No comments: