Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day Date on the Lake ‘14

I love spending time with my kids.  Especially not-homework, not-chauffeuring, not-multitasking time.  But I also love hanging out with my husband and our friends in the very temporary but utter absence of my kids once in a blue moon.  Since this normally is date night out or date night in, I take pictures when we do this during the day.  If this seems like déjà vu, it’s because this is the second time we have gotten to go out with Sheena and Scott on their boat, and both times were a blast!

Jake got to try wake surfing for the second time.  Gifted with natural athleticism, has learned to wake surf in a fraction of the time it takes most people to learn.  Must be nice…

DSC_0444DSC_0456 DSC_0450

While I like to wake surf… for 30 seconds followed by a splash and swimming to the boat for 5 minutes, I opted for this bliss instead:

DSC_0489

Sheena definitely had the hang of it.  I was impressed by her ability to smile and maintain her balance at the same time.

DSC_0469 DSC_0471

Scott made it look so painfully easy, as usual, and put us all to shame!

DSC_0492 DSC_0499DSC_0476DSC_0478DSC_0480 BackgroundDSC_0484

And we went tubing!  It was the first time I’d done this since I was 15.  Tubing was, wholeheartedly, my idea.  I have to say that, because by the look of the last image, you may wonder if I was consenting.  I loved every second.  And so did Jake, even though he may have loved it more had he succeeded in throwing me off the tube!

DSC_0502DSC_0514DSC_0509DSC_0513DSC_0508

No comments: