Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Everyday Miracles

I have so much to be thankful for.  Someone I admire said that our Instagram collection is like a cellar that we keep stockpiled full of beautiful moments and memories, that we can take heart from when life isn’t so glorious.  I have to admit that while life is certainly not without its “off” moments (I had a “off” two hours after school today), things are pretty sweet right now, and I have to stock up my cellar while I can.  And with that, here are some of our everyday miracles.

The most amazing trip to Disneyland that we have ever had.  And that’s saying a lot.

A day out in the middle of a gorgeous lake with just my husband and our good friends, Sheena and Scott.  I went tubing with Jake, and I screamed the entire time.  I wasn’t scared, but I was so full of adrenaline that I needed a release.  A release that came in the form of blowing out Jake’s eardrums.

Sweet Tooth Fairy for dessert on my birthday.  One of my best friends of 11 years, Amber, just happens to own this enchanted establishment, and she gave us every sweet that we so much as glanced at.  Sweet Tooth Fairy takes the cake for best cupcake in Phoenix. 

Speaking of fairies, Bella got her first visit from the tooth fairy.  While admiring the hole in her mouth in front of the mirror, she said "This looks so cool. I look like a second grader. Now, I think I need glasses. That would look cute with this."  Worth noting that she said to me earlier that same day, Bella: “Mom, can you take off your glasses?… You know why?”  Me: “Why?”  Bella: “Because you look like Fancy Nancy’s mom”. 

Impromptu trip to Sedona, because we decided we needed this view at lunch.

Our family.  Gorgeous weather.  New Mexican green chile pork stew and a Cuban sandwich that was to die for.

This view out the rolled down car window.

The way the sun looked glistening through the trees and reflecting off Oak Creek. 

That day Liam learned how to sate his own bubble craving, and I found him in the garage doing this.

My family birthday celebration with my sisters and their boyfriends.  They ordered me beautiful charcuterie and bruschetta take-out from Postinos, and we spent quality time late into the night.  Quality time is my favorite.

I feel like this picture of Bella is a metaphor for how she approaches life… with awe and innocence and confidence and skillfulness.

Bella made a new friend at her Special Blessings summer party.  Like Bella, her friend has no need for two hands either.

My view from my bathtub at night.  There will always be a moon picture.

Liam is now a ham. He likes to pretend that he is on a commercial for cereal and applesauce and pretty much anything I ask him to advertise.  He takes a bite and smiles and holds his spoon up on cue. 

The kids built this “fort” without my help.  Without even wanting my help.  New frontiers.

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, I walked in to see Gabe reading to his sisters in the fort.  PicMonkey Collage8-18-14

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I came across your blog via Pinterest and was instantly "hooked". Besides sharing all the same interests, (i.e. photography, crafts, throwing parties), I also have a 17 year old son with CP. I look forward to reading all your posts! Everything I've read so far was so relatable!

Taylors said...

It's so cool to know you can relate to some of our experiences! Thanks for reading and commenting :)!