Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Everyday Miracles

"This is how you cut your food with one hand."

And sometimes they really love each other.

Gabe told me that he wanted to plan things just like I do // he rescued this mini weekly planner from the recycle bin... It was a gift from our financial planner // here is is showing me his schedule.

Prepping for the feast // Bella learned how to crush garlic // prime rib underway.

Prime rib with sage jus, Yorkshire pudding, beet arugula and goat cheese salad, leek and potato au gratin, roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, pecan fig pie a la mode // Christmas Eve menu.

This Christmas Eve, we welcomed family into our home to celebrate, and it was one of the most memorable and fulfilling holidays I've had // I love Christmas.

Christmas with my people // I love them.

T'was the night before Christmas // waiting up for Santa and doing a gift exchange with my love.

We go big on Christmas Eve when we're home. I love the anticipation and hope of that day. Christmas night is like one big joyous exhale for us, and the last thing we want to do is cook again after cleaning up from a brunch on Christmas Day. So unless we are with extended family, we opt for the simple and casual tradition of going out to Chinese and a movie on Christmas night // last night we saw Big Hero 6, which may be one of my favorite movies ever // I rank movies by how much I cry in them.

We shared the last slice of Grammy's pecan fig pie from Christmas // recipe by Beckett's Table, our favorite restaurant for the past few years

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and we wish you a blessed New Year!

8 kids eating around my table, 5 more playing football in the yard, 4 men around a bonfire, 4 women in the kitchen // a good night with good friends.

A great way to end a great night.

Cuddles with my biggest little guy.

Having a moment watching kids who are not arguing // thank you Monopoly.

We were super excited to become super heroes // thanks to my sis for taking our whole family on this fun adventure!.

Marvel Experience with my babes and my sissy.

PicMonkey Collage1-12-15

No comments: