Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hanukkah & a Haircut

This past Sunday, my family went to my parents' house to celebrate Hanukkah. (For those who don't know, I was raised Jewish and have only recently converted to become a Latter Day Saint.) The kids got spoiled with attention and presents galore. My mom is widely known throughout the world for her gift giving prowess and generosity. This occasion was definitely not an exception. Gift highlights included a tricycle and fire truck for Gabe, a ball pit for Ari (the hugest hit ever!), a Bumbo seat for Isabella, and a Jumpolene for all three. There were more clothes than you can even imagine. Marci and Leah also got some adorable presents for the kids and for moi. So exciting! As usual, too, dinner was super. And Ariana actually ate, which is a cause for celebration in and of itself.

My mom insisted on giving Gabe his first haircut, and I conceded because it was just a matter of time anyway, right? Why delay the inevitable when he was rapidly growing a mullet? At least, that's what I'm telling myself now as I mourn the loss of his surfer boy curls. He definitely looks more like a big boy now. And he's no less cute -- that's for sure.

3 comments:

The Rich Family said...

Gabe has the most angelic face here. He is adorable! And of course the girls are beautiful as always!

April Gould said...

Isabella looks like a little doll. They are all so cute.

Anonymous said...

did you know about the genetic defect before you conceived these children?