Sunday, December 28, 2008

Isabella Juliet's Baby Blessing

Today, Jacob gave our little Isabella Juliet Taylor a blessing and put her name on record with the church. It was such a beautiful blessing, and I think many people were moved by it. I know that I definitely was. Among other things, Jacob asked Heavenly Father to bless Isabella with great joy and happiness throughout her life. He blessed her to be healthy and to have a desire to have a relationship with her Heavenly Father. He asked that she should have the joy of the experiences of being a wife and a mother in this life. He asked that she always feel the love and support of her family, even throughout life's trials. He also asked that she be able to find inner peace and happiness in her physical differences. Of course, I am not doing it any justice, because his words flowed much more smoothly and from his heart, while I am only trying to write from my memory.
After the blessing, we had family over for an informal brunch at our house. Jake's and my parents were able to attend, along with Jake's brother Ryan and his family, and Jake's sister Alison and her family. We love having them over, and it was such a fun day.

4 comments:

Leanna said...

I came across your blog from CP moms group...your family is absolutely beautiful!

My son also has CP and is the same age as your twins (born 2/23/07). He has spastic quad CP.

Please come visit his blog at http://caringforcole.blogspot.com/

Rebecca Lynch said...

Hi! What a beautiful day this must have been. You all look so beautiful. Miss you.

Kristen said...

Yay!! It sounds like it was a memorable day. I love the days where my husbands preisthood shines and I truly see his love and potential as a father!! Im so happy for you guys!

April Gould said...

What a special day! She is so Beautiful.