Friday, September 10, 2010

(Hopefully) The Last MRI

Ariana had another MRI this morning. Her seventh since birth. That’s a lot of brain imaging for such a little girl, and I’m not even counting her CT Scans. This MRI was ordered by her hematologist to establish a post-treatment baseline after her seven months of Coumadin therapy (blood thinners) as an attempt to disintegrate the (possible, hypothetical) blood clot in her brain that first appeared on an MRI January 27, 2010. Ari was an exceptionally sweet patient as usual. She didn’t fuss at all – before or after the treatment. We will get the results of her MRI, *fingers crossed* this week, and we’ll be able to stop the Coumadin (yea!). I’m expecting no changes since the first MRI, because the second MRI showed no progress or change in the clot for better or worse, and because I was never convinced there was one in the first place. But it was worth a shot. Just in case there was a clot and it was real and could have really harmed her. One less thing to feel like a failure about. And that’s a good thing.

La la land…

DSC_0328

The angel awakens.

DSC_0329

The hospital’s last steps before discharge. Done and done!

DSC_0330DSC_0336

2 comments:

Karmann said...

I am praying for GOOD news!!! I love the new camera babe! The photos are AMAZING!!! She is such a sweet little angel and oh how I miss her!!!!! I didnt know Gail works with the girls!!! I am a little jealous!!! I wish I was still there coming every week and spending that time with you guys!!! Oh how I miss that time with you and the kids!!! Know that I think of you guys often and you are ALWAYS in my prayers!!! You are such an AMAZING mom and I hope to be as half as good as you someday!!! GIve the kids a hug and kiss from me K!!!!

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Aww. I love that picture of her little hand reaching into the bag!!