Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Honda Odyssey

In true Taylor form, we sold our Acura MDX and replaced it with a Honda Odyssey minivan just in the knick of time. It was almost an even trade, because even though our Odyssey is just the base model, it is nearly brand new (2007 with only 9,000 miles). We're happy with the new purchase -- with 3 babies in car seats, it was high time we got a more appropriate vehicle for the fam (in terms of space and convenience especially). Although when we were younger, Jake and I both swore that we'd never own a minivan, life gives you perspective. And since we had our kids close in age, it should only be a few years before they're out of their carseats and we can eagerly reclaim a more posh vehicle. Until then, move on over hunny because mama's driving the Odyssey!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Many MANY times Nate and I said we'd never own a mini van and then we did and I have to say I loved it! I wish they'd come up with an SUV that has the sliding back doors like the mini vans have - HEAVEN being able to access the back seat like that!

Tara said...

Okay, I can't see you driving a minivan! Now every time I see an Odyssey in that color, I am going to be looking. LOL

I swore I would never own one either, but you do what you have to do. I really love mine though. I have been wanting to get a license plate or bumper sticker that says "8mywrds".

hyrum♥chelsea said...

love the minivan. that is hilarious! i think everyone swore at one point that they'd never get a minivan but i'm sure you're lovin it now w/ the babies!!

Eddie & Emily said...

This is the minivan of choice when you HAVE to get one. They almost look like an SUV. I love it and the color is great too. Ethan loves Eddie's parents minivan and is always begging us to get one or just ride in theirs. I hated minivans growing up because that's all we ever had. Now I realize how pratical and comfortable they are.

I'm getting excited to see Isabella. I hope you are feeling well.

April Gould said...

congratulations on your baby!

Kristen said...

So you buckled and conformed to a minivan!! I give you props, Im sure its so much easier on the fam but Im too prideful to drive one of those bad boys!!!