Friday, September 19, 2008

Quirks Tag

Because my friend Kassidi tagged me, I am having to share with you seven of my quirks... so bear with me. I know the reason she tagged me is because I have to be one of the quirkiest people on her bloglist ;)! This should be funny -- for you, not for me.
1. I'm obsessed with clean floors. I know what you're probably thinking -- 'Elisa, your floor is not that clean', and while I know this to be true, it doesn't hinder my neuroticism in the least. Everyone that comes into my house must remove their shoes at the door, or I have a silent heart attack. When someone (or someone's kid) comes onto the carpet with shoes on, I will bust out the Resolve carpet cleaner and start spot cleaning right on their heels. My excuse is that I'm half Asian, so ha. In Asia, you just don't wear shoes anywhere there's a floor under your feet and a roof over your head. When I'm feeling too lazy to sweep or vacuum the tile, I 'sweep' the floor with my bare feet and brush the dirt off into the trash. I will not allow my dog onto carpeted areas ever... under any circumstances. Unfortunately for many pet owning friends & relatives, it follows that pets that cannot consistently obey this no animal on the carpet rule is banned from the house (and that leaves no pets).
2. I hate Walmart. Don't get me wrong -- I don't hate what they sell. I can definitely appreciate inexpensive groceries and other miscelaneous items. I just hate the place itself, and yes, I have my reasons... and they are many.
3. I love almost every food and am willing to try the most exotic dishes. The only exceptions are cucumbers, watermelon, bananas, baked potatoes, celery, and bell peppers -- I hate these foods. I don't think this is quirky, but other people seem to.
4. I have a nervous habit of biting the inside of my cheek. It looks rediculous, and I really just need to stop. So, if you ever have the displeasure of witnessing this, please call my attention to it immediately.
5. I'm very excitable -- for better or for worse. I'm not saying that I'm tempermental, because I'm not. I'm just really... passionate. I'm can be pretty opinionated, and when I get this way, I tend to raise my voice (even if I'm not upset). At these times, Jake lovingly calls me a "cat on a hot tin roof."
6. Just the thought of wet toilet paper makes me gag. I use table napkins, paper towels, and burp cloths for tissues because I can't stand to have a piece of detiorating damp tissue in my hand.
7. I've mentioned this in previous posts, but I'll say it again. Although I'm, by no means, a violent person, I'm really intrigued with the lives of CIA agents, arms dealers, military snipers, or any other dangerously smart profession. I'd love to have a hidden talent like that -- you know, like being a master at Kung Fu or secretly a pro at card counting in blackjack. One day, I'm just going to bust out and surprise you all. And you thought I was just an ordinary stay-at-home mom!
I tag Erin Buggy & Amber Larsen.

2 comments:

Amber Larsen said...

ha ha you are funny. Your entire house is spotless all of the time. I bite my cheeks, too.

Amanda said...

We hate WalMart too! Sometime Theron needs to tell his story about the pharmacy there-it's pretty crazy! I am bummed we aren't in the same ward anymore. Let us know if you guys need any help when the baby comes.