Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Word About My Blog

For the record, I just want to make known the purpose of my blog. My blog is akin to a public journal. A journal because it is a reflection of my experiences, and my reactions to them. I put my thoughts, my emotions, and everything else personal to me out there. My audience is intended to include my extended family, friends, and a large community of supportive others. My life is, quite literally, an open book. I keep it open, because I want to help provide information, support, a sense of community, and hope to others who might be experiencing something similar. I, in turn, benefit from the support, encouragement, and advice of my readers.

Should anyone decide to read my blog for purposes other than those aforementioned, please bear the following in mind: The status of our life situations changes on a week-to week, and sometimes even day-to-day, basis. Therefore, the blog is, likewise, subject to change. My blog is not a medical journal, and is not always necessarily accurate or factual 100% of the time. A lot of what I put on my blog is what I hear other people (doctors, therapists, etc.) say to me. Lastly, I fire off posts in the heat of what we are experiencing. I don't "sleep on it", so to speak, before posting. Everything written has my subjective, emotional bias. My blog is not objective, nor do I ever pretend it to be.

Thanks for bearing with me. That disclosure was long overdue.

1 comment:

Karmann said...

I am sorry if anyone has made you feel bad about how you do your blog and the things that you write! I hope you continue to do what you have been doing and dont CHANGE a thing!!! I am so glad to hear that things are going ok with Ari! How I love and miss her so much!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to them on the 19th!!! Cant believe it!!!! You are always in my thoughts and prayers and know that I love yoU!