Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good Weekend

This weekend was one for the memory books. Of course, my awesome Mother's Day had a lot to do with that, but my whole weekend was filled with fun and family time. Unlike other weekends, it didn't seem to fly by either. We really got to enjoy the time that passed.

I had been planning for the past week on having a yard sale on Saturday. Not everyone thinks yard sales are a great idea or a great way to spend family time, but it really worked out this way for us. On Friday, Jake, me, my sister, and our friends (
Edwards fam) came over and all hung out and worked on organizing our not-so-necessities in preparation for Saturday morning. Jake and I had been spending part of our evenings throwing things into the pile here and there for the better part of the week, but there was still stuff to do, so every bit of help was appreciated. Saturday turned out to be a great success (thanks Marci!). We got some pocket change, yes, but what turned out to be more important was that we had a great excuse to be outside all morning (starting at 7 am!) in the beautiful weather, that our kids got to play like kids and get really filthy. And it was OK. I mean, at the time, I think I would have rather that Bella and Gabe didn't turn a charcoal grey/black from head to toe or eat crushed up goldfish crackers off the garage floor or that the kids have a completely unstructured/somewhat unsupervised morning... but in hindsight, I think the way it ended up was good for us all and was a really welcome break from the norm. I remember feeling refreshed and rejuvenated; and not just for getting to get rid of a bunch of old stuff either.

{I don't have any pictures of the garage sale or of my kids that day. I was way too busy. And now, I'm regretting not stopping to snap the pictures. These are pics from the evening before.}
{I'm spraying him with a hose, in case you were wondering}

Later that night, Jake took me and the kids out to dinner at BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. It is a great place for families, with a lovely patio, and delicious kids menu options like grilled chicken & broccoli Alfredo bowtie pasta... yum. I can appreciate a hiatus from restaurant chicken tenders every once in a while.

{can't help but love him}

The next day was, of course, Mother's Day. More on that to follow.

1 comment:

kvhawker said...

Way too cute, you all look wonderful it is great to see you! Great shots of that very handsome husband!