Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Jake surprised me with a day trip to Sedona and picnic in our favorite secret spot. I would share where it is, but I don't want to destroy its perfection, lest they put up a gate or something like that. Let's just say it's a perfect grassy knoll right on the banks of Oak Creek, partially shaded by hundred-year-old Oak and Cottonwood trees. Are you jealous? It was idyllic. There is also a swing set, a swimming pool, and a hot tub that we took full advantage of as well. It was like a short but super sweet vacation getaway. On the way home, Gabe told us "The trip was really fun!". I couldn't agree more.

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mommies out there! I hope you had a super day!

{sword fighting}


{picnic}



{our spot}

{Yes, Gabe is wearing his underpants. Just his underpants. In the jacuzzi. It's not my fault. He "fell" in.}

1 comment:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

What a sweet husband! I'm glad you had a great day. Happy Mother's Day Elisa!