Monday, May 24, 2010

MRI Time

Ari went for her MRI/MRV on Friday. This MRI (the fifth in her lifetime so far) was supposed to determine whether or not her blood thinner treatment round had made any difference on the (possible) existence of a blood clot in her brain that they detected back in January 2010. Her appointment was scheduled late in the day, and then it was pushed back even further, so she had to go about 13 hours without eating (7 without drinking), and that was no fun. She was a way better sport about it than I was though. I truly think that a mother is torn at her core when her children can't/won't/don't/aren't allowed to eat. Aunt Marci was with us, as usual, so that made the time go by much faster and definitely lightened the load. Ari was sedated with anesthesia for the duration of the MRI, and was put to sleep with gas first, so there was no trauma to be had there, thank goodness (unless we're counting when I had to untape the IV from her inner elbow). Our nurse, doctor, and anesthesiologist were awesome -- especially our anesthesiologist, who I can't say enough about. We haven't heard results back yet, so I'll post those later when they come in.

{We hung out in the waiting room for about two hours before they called us in to her room. She was so patient and sweet the whole time.}

{Ari passes the time playing on her (I mean, Aunt Marci's) phone while we wait for the anesthesiologist to come in. Her shirt had a zipper, which is metal, so it isn't allowed in the MRI.}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. DSLRs make such a huuge difference. These pictures are awesome.
2. Your hair looks so good dark!! I love it.

Good luck with the results! I think about you a lot and hope you and your family are well. And you're starting school?? How??? Good luck good luck. Maybe we'll see each other soon.

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Precious Ari.. She's so sweet!

Carrie said...

Elisa,
I have to tell you that I read your blog alot. I'm amazed at what a phenomenal and dedicated mother you are. It seems like yesterday we were in high school! As a special education teacher, I can appreciate the many challenges you face. Your kids are beautiful!

Carrie (Leising) Turski